Monday, October 23, 2017

STAMPIN' UP! THOUGHTFUL BRANCHES


I saw the idea for this (as usual) on Pinterest.  I had the supplies I needed so I decided to give it a try. The die for the pumpkin is from the Stampin' Up! Beautiful Branches thinlits set and can also be used for a tree and a Hydrangea.  The whole set is so versatile.

I made some changes of my own with the pumpkin.  The card I saw had a banner across the white portion with a sentiment.  I decided to leave that off and just stamp an Autumn or Thanksgiving sentiment inside.  

The white mat was embossed with the SU Woodland folder.  I then used a stamp from the SU Gorgeous Grunge stamp set to lightly stamp some lines which don't show up real well in the picture.  I sponged some Pumpkin Pie and Olive Olive around the bottom and the upper left corner.  Then I stamped some of the little leaves from the Thoughtful Branches stamp set.  The final step was to spray the back of the pumpkin with adhesive and add it to the mat.  

I have to say I really like how this card turned out and thank the person who came up with this idea in the first place.  I don't usually take quite a much time on a single card, but this one was really worth it.

Thanks for coming by!

1 comment:

bonnie32002 said...

This is really unique! I had not seen this before. I like the flowers for the pumpkin.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...