I follow Stampin' and Scrapin' in GJ and she has a lot of cards that I really like to case. Preparing financial information for tax returns was making pretty good progress so I needed a break. Yesterday (January 30) she had a card that I decided to make. You can check out her card to see the changes I made. I believe she used an embossing folder for the large snowflake but since I have a large die for a snowflake that is what I used.
I've had this Stampin' Up! stamp set for the mittens a long time and I think this is the first time any of them have touched ink. The border at the bottom is one of the SU Wheels......which I had not used. In fact when I got the wheel out I was trying to ink it with an ink pad. That didn't work the best. And even once I remembered to attach the ink cartridge it took several tries before I got the design added in a straight line. The bottom edge of it didn't ink well so I just cut off that edge.
It had been a while since I actually made a new card and I told my husband that it felt like I was a beginning all over again.
Thank you for stopping by today!