Wednesday, January 31, 2018

CASING Stampin' and Scrapin' in GJ



I follow Stampin' and Scrapin' in GJ and she has a lot of cards that I really like to case. Preparing financial information for tax returns was making pretty good progress so I needed a break.  Yesterday (January 30) she had a card that I decided to make.  You can check out her card to see the changes I made. I believe she used an embossing folder for the large snowflake but since I have a large die for a snowflake that is what I used.

I've had this Stampin' Up! stamp set for the mittens a long time and I think this is the first time any of them have touched ink.  The border at the bottom is one of the SU Wheels......which I had not used.  In fact when I got the wheel out I was trying to ink it with an ink pad.  That didn't work the best.  And even once I remembered to attach the ink cartridge it took several tries before I got the design added in a straight line.  The bottom edge of it didn't ink well so I just cut off that edge.

It had been a while since I actually made a new card and I told my husband that it felt like I was a beginning all over again.  

Thank you for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Cool card, Vicki! Good luck with all the tax returns!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this one...
Hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I really like this card (you know I love snowflakes). I am going to check out the site you mentioned. Carol

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...