Thursday, January 4, 2018

POPPY STAMPS "Evangeline Floating Square"


Although it's been a while since I have been posting regularly, I did enjoy the time reading and just taking it easy through and after the holidays.  Break time is over here.   It's time to get back to making cards and sharing.
 
I really liked this die when I saw it but then found it wasn't quite as easy to use as I thought.  However, I really like the card I came up with.
 
Rarely do I make square cards but this was the perfect time to do that.  I had some Yellow Bicycle (yes, that's the brand name) double sided designer paper with the snowflake design on one side and the "falling snow" design on the other. 
 
First I cut out the design using white card stock and then layered it on the dp.  I cut the design a second time using the snowflake side.  I trimmed away the "frame" which was no easy task cutting around the edges of those snowflakes  It would have been easier to just cut out the square instead but I wanted the snowflakes to stand out against the white frame.
 
So what do you think?  I have three more cards I'll be posting and then will begin showing you what I have come up with for Valentine's Day........some better than others but I was just experimenting.
 
Thanks for coming by today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like it. I don't really understand how you did it - I guess I would have to see the die to understand - but it really turned out nice. I will have to look at the die when we get together sometime. Carol

Anonymous said...

This is really pretty Pat

bonnie32002 said...

Lovely! what a wonderful winter card...love the dies and images.

And here are the final four cards you get from  this  video by Karen Titus.    I may try to do this with some papers from some other collect...