Monday, May 23, 2011

ALPINE FORGET-ME-NOT

In 2008 my husband and I celebrated our 40th Wedding Anniversary with an absolutely wonderful month long trip which included a 7-day cruise to Alaska and a 6-day land trip there. One of my card-making friends told me about a stamp store in Juneau. Naturally that was all it took for me to look it up. And when we got to Fairbanks I found another stamp store. I haven't used those stamps either but I really bought them more as a souvenir. Who knows.......maybe one of these days you'll see something made with them.

The stamp I used on this card came from that stamp store in Juneau. The design is Alaska's State Flower - the Alpine Forget-Me-Not. I'm sorry to say that this was the first time I finally used it. I looked up the flower on the Internet to see how to color it with Copic CIAO markers. For the flower layer I used a Martha Stewart punch for the edges. To do this you can see a video by Becca here: Tutorials » Amazing Paper Grace. The sentiment was stamped and then cut and embossed with a Floral Doily Accent die from Spellbinders.
Becca has another great tutorial if you have trouble using the All Around the Page punch sets: Becca Bit: Punching Frames » Becca Bits » Amazing Paper Grace

Well, in about half an hour we're off to the first pre-season softball tournaments for one of our granddaughters. Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous coloring! As always, this card is beautiful! Have fun at the game!

Mary said...

Hi Vicki, Your card is so pretty. I love the stamp that you used and the way that you colored the image. Love the MS punches too. I hope you had lots of fun at the game. :)

Mary

Lynette said...

So pretty, Vicki! I'm glad you got a chance to use your stamp!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...