Thursday, December 27, 2012

REMAKE OF MY FIRST ATTEMPT

 
A few weeks ago I made several cards using this technique of sponging a masked border.  The original card was just the white card base with the designs.  I almost posted it then but was really not happy with it.  For one thing I was really disappointed that the branch design didn't stamp out darker.  I must not have inked it up quite good enough.
 
I decided to add a few gold gems to the stamped branch design which helped and then I cut the card front off, trimmed it down and added it to a SU Chocolate Chip card base.  I am much happier with it now so you get to see the remake.
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Your comments mean a lot to me so tell me what you think.

6 comments:

Sheri said...

Very pretty card. Love the colors you chose.

Lynette said...

Great save on this card, Vicki - very pretty!

Mehrll said...

I really love your cards. They are always beautiful.

Harriet Skelly said...

I love the remake here - the gems are a great add!

Joanne said...

What a GREAT remake! Love the darker branch and gems!

Char said...

I like this card!!! Love that branch.....have seen it or something like it several times now. Great job!!!

And here are the final four cards you get from  this  video by Karen Titus.    I may try to do this with some papers from some other collect...