Thursday, July 16, 2015

WATERCOLORING PENNY BLACK IRIS


This is the first card I made using a Penny Black Iris stamp that I have had for a very long time.  I colored the stamp with markers, spritzed it with water and then stamped it once and then a portion of it a second time in the lower corner.  I love this little butterfly stamp so I colored it with the same marker and spritzed it (maybe a little too much).  The colors used were SU Melon Mambo and Old Olive.


The second card I made is slightly different......a green mat and this time I didn't spritz the butterfly stamp.  I added the sentiment onto a piece of vellum and wrapped it around the top layer, fastening it with tape on the back side.

One more card was made with this stamp, but you'll have to come back tomorrow to see it.  Thanks for coming by today!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

They are both so very pretty, but I think I'm partial to the green matting:)

Harriet Skelly said...

Both are beautiful - that is such a lovely iris image!

Anonymous said...

This is a really pretty card. just soft and pretty

bonnie32002 said...

That stamp is definitely a keeper! It's lovely. I don't think you over-sized the butterfly. The watercolor effect goes with the artful image.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...