Thursday, March 15, 2018

FROSTY WILL BE MELTING


My friend Joanne (who helps make the 97 cards) made some of these before Christmas and gave one to my mother.  When my sister saw it she asked if I would get her the pattern.  The main pieces are all made with the envelope punch board.  Isn't he adorable?  And if you keep scrolling down you'll see he brings a little surprise with him.

If you look closely, you can see that the eyes and mouth are the pieces left after making the punches on the top of the hat.....very clever use!

My sister isn't going to be able to punch these pieces herself since she doesn't have a punch board.  She only needs two so I offered to give her the pieces to assemble.


A side view of the snowman shows that there is a little place to slide in a miniature candy bar.  The candy bar actually helps the snowman to stand.  When I made the score lines I followed the pattern.  I would have made the base a little wider so the bar could be flat on the bottom but this worked OK.

Spring is getting closer so I'm afraid "Frosty" and my other wintry items will be stored away for a few months.  Thanks for coming by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute!!! What is an envelope punch board? Carol

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!