Wednesday, May 9, 2018

A FUN GATE FOLD CARD #1


Recently I have been trying some new fun folds to get myself away from always just using a  side fold.  Once again I used some paper that wasn't my absolute favorite to make the first one.  You can find examples of this fold on YouTube.  I think I searched for "fancy fold cards" and found several styles.


The band around the middle is called a "belly band".  It goes completely around the card and simply slides off.  I haven't completed this card yet but will add a sentiment inside eventually.

Thanks for coming by today!


1 comment:

Lynette said...

Cool card, Vicki! It's so great that you are making differently-folded cards. That's something I really need to do more of.

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...