Thursday, February 9, 2012

VALENTINE - DAY #2

Little boys probably don't want to get a Valentine that is all frilly and girly.  Our grandson's favorite color is green so I decided that I would try to use GREEN a the main color for his card.  I think John Deere green is his absolutely favorite......but I just didn't see that happening for a Valentine.

I ran the front of the card base through the Cuttlebug with a CB embossing folder and added the dp with the tiny green hearts.  The little boy image is one that someone gave me and I don't remember when it came from.  I was able to use Copic markers to color the image.  I then cut it out and mounted it onto the plaid dp.  The two designer papers were from a paper stack that my sister gave me.

I showed the card to my husband and asked if it was "boyish" enough.  He told me he probably wouldn't look at it all that much anyway.......he'd be more interested to see if there was money inside.

Thank you for coming by!  I hope you take time to leave a comment...........I always love hearing from you.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

What a sweetie. Love your coloring

Ann Schach said...

Oh how cute, Vicki! This image is the sweetest!

Joanne said...

He looks so CHARMING! A perfect Valentine for a boy! Like the way you did the background, too!

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!