Thursday, July 11, 2013

CLEAN AND SIMPLE


My mother lives in an independent living center and most every Sunday and Monday she plays bingo with some of the other residents.  The prizes many times are pieces of hard candy or mini candy bars.  Many of the residents do not get out very often to have an opportunity to buy cards that they would like to send.  Since I have such a large amount of cards made up and no longer have an outlet for most of them, I have decided to donate cards to the center so the residents can have a choice of the candies or a greeting card. 
 
My goal is to donate clean and simple cards that will be easy for the residents to mail.  I had stamped this design and colored it with markers a few days ago but had not finished the card.  Today I simply added the embossed border using a Darice embossing folder and then adding a scored line above and below the embossing. 
 
I would like to have used Copic markers but I wanted a one layer card.  The markers I used do not bleed through the card stock.
 
Thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

The ladies will be so pleased if they win this card....they can use it for any event since it is so versatile!

Harriet Skelly said...

What a great idea for your cards - the women will love your cards!

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...