Wednesday, July 10, 2013

IN FLIGHT


When I attended one of the last SU workshops, the SU demonstrator stamped and heat embossed some of the new Swallowtail butterflies using black EP.  She then cut them in half and used 2 of the same halves so we could make the butterfly as shown above.
 
I used SU markers to color in the areas.  It was several weeks later before I got around to making this card.  I cut a piece of the light yellow card stock slightly smaller than the front of the Cajun Craze card base and embossed it with the Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls embossing folder.  When I was in Des Moines with my friends we shared our Memory Box dies and I finished off the front with this "HAPPY birthday" sentiment.

Thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

That is just gorgeous - I love these colors. I need to try this use of the swallowtail stamp!

Joanne said...

WOWZA! The colors you used on the butterfly really make it STAND OUT....so gorgeous! And the idea of using one set of wings twice is a super idea!

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!