Thursday, September 12, 2013

INSPIRED BY A FRIEND'S CARD

 
I just had to post a birthday card today because our youngest daughter is celebrating her birthday today.  I'm quite sure she doesn't follow my blog, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAMIE!!!
 
One of my local friends sent a birthday card to my mother, and when I saw it I just loved it.  Her card was made using a very pretty blue dp which had white daisies in the pattern.  The strip of dp she used for her sentiment was yellow but she used these same daisies.............so I wanted to make my own version of Joanne's card.
 
Changing the  format for the card to a vertical card, I used the same idea with the same papers.

Summer is coming to an end but these cards will be great any time of the year to brighten someone's day.

Thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

I like it in both directions, Vicki. Love the daisies - I still have some of them left.

Sheri said...

Beautiful card. The script on the sentiment is especially pretty.

Sandy said...

Great card. I have some checked DP which I'm going to get out and use to CASE this idea. Thanks for the inspiration both of you.

Joanne said...

Happy Birthday Jamie! She will love the card you created for her! Well done.....looks great either direction!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...