Friday, September 20, 2013

MY FIRST CHRISTMAS CARD FOR 2013


Recently a friend of my mother ordered some cards from me.  Once she received them she gave me a list of cards she would like me to make for her family members.  Three on the list were for Christmas.  I was eager to use the "Nativity" die I had purchased from Taylored Expressions. 

Mother's friend is a religious lady so I assumed this would be a design she might like.  It certainly makes a quick CAS card.  The "Christmas Blessings" from Hero Arts was stamped with VersaMark and then heat embossed with white powder.
 
I think the die cut will be beautiful on various colors of cards stock.  I may even cut it in gold paper and use gold embossing powder on the stamped design.
 
While I was at it, I made several like this so now I have a start on the many Christmas cards I need to make.  Thank you for taking the time to stop by!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

What a great die, Vicki! I love it in white on blue, but you're right - gold would be stunning! I'm sure she will be very pleased with her cards.

Joanne said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! That die makes the whole card.....and it is so very elegant, too!

Sheri said...

What a beautiful card. The die really makes the card. I think silver would be pretty as well.

Since this pack of dsp was still on my table, I decided to try another layout that was something I don't think I had done before.  Once ...