Friday, November 1, 2013

STAMPIN' UP! - GENTLY FALLING


Some of you may have this stamp set and want to make some simple cards to send friends for Thanksgiving so I am posting this one early. 
I stamped the outline of the leaves with Soft Suede and then the solid colors with Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Daffodil Delight.  To make them look a little more real I sponged the Soft Suede over the colors.  The leaf set has a matching die which works great to cut them out.  (Hint:  when you are sponging the Soft Suede onto the colors, sponge outside the lines so that there is no white edge around the leaves.)
 
The leaves were arranged on the upper left corner.  I attached the two outside leaves to the card base and popped the maple leaf with foam dots.  Using the twine, I made a bow with two loops and attached it with a glue dot.  The sentiment is from my old stamp collection.
 
The card stock used for the base has some great speckles of brown and gold that don't show up in the picture but it makes a great background for this card.
 
Thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I love the wonderful leaves and the nice layout of your card, Vicki.

Ann Schach said...

WOW! I love this card, Vicki! It is clean and simple perfection!

This is the  video  I used to make this card using more retired dsp. After I finished, I was a little dissatisfied with the white background...