Thursday, March 23, 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO A FRIEND


After I graduated from high school, I went to business school.  Two other girls that I net met there ended up being my roommates when we all happened to move to Cedar Rapids, IA.  Little did we know at the time all of us had represented our high school bands at the same event, then attended the same business school at the same time and would then become roommates and all worked for different attorneys.


One of those roommates and I have remained in touch now and then and I always try to send her birthday, anniversary and Christmas cards. We also stay in touch through Facebook.  

Today is her birthday.  I made this card especially for her with the new Penny Black "First Blooms" die.  When cutting there are three pieces that are cut.  I attached the card stock to Stick-It before cutting and then colored them with Copic markers.  I think the wider margins on the red mat help make a really bold statement.  I'll be making more using other colors.  Spring is just around the corner.


Thank you for coming by today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great card Vicki. I like the water edge of the red

One of the cards made on  this  vi.deo used this stamp from the Flowing Flowers set.  This isn't a two-step design and I wasn't sure...