Wednesday, March 15, 2017

STAMPIN' UP! Detailed Floral Thinlit Die

Before getting into today's card, I just have to say THANK YOU to two great friends who came to my home yesterday and helped make the Easter cards for the staffs at the independent living center and nursing home where my mother and mother-in-law reside.  We had so much fun doing them and with three of us working all 97 were done by Noon.  I had promised that we would have fun playing with some new ideas if they had time to stay.  

Joanne had tried playing with alcohol inks on Yupo paper the last time she was here, but Carol inked a piece and thought it was fun to do.  Then I introduced both of them to Washi tape and they each made three pieces with a variety of colors.  Just that quick Carol had three cards to ready to send and Joanne was going to finish hers at home.  We're definitely not going to wait until it is time to make Halloween cards before getting together again.  This was just too much fun!


Our Yahoo group has two swaps each month.  The first one is for a card of our choice.  The second one is a color challenge given to us by one of the members.  I had just received the die set from Stampin' Up! and was very anxious to use it.  I added the white card stock to "Stick-It" and then cut the piece.  There are a lot of tiny pieces to be removed but most of them came out very easily.  I could have added a "shim" to give a little more pressure when I ran it through the Cuttlebug, 

The picture shows the same sentiment that I used on yesterday's card.  The dies for the sentiment are from a set of dies from Spellbinders.

Thank you for stopping by today!

No comments:

One of the cards made on  this  vi.deo used this stamp from the Flowing Flowers set.  This isn't a two-step design and I wasn't sure...