Tuesday, November 16, 2010

CHRISTMAS SNOWFLAKES

I've been trying to get my Christmas cards done for this year.  If I were smart, I'd make all of them the same so that they would go much more quickly.  But then I never said I was "smart".  :)  I have so many supplies and ideas.  And it is also more fun to make a variety even if it takes longer.

Today's card:  I embossed the front of the card with the Cuttlebug embossing folder.  The "Merry Christmas" from Penny Black was stamped with VersaMark and then heat embossed with Egyptian Gold embossing powder. 

The card just needed something more so I made the snowflakes with two sizes of Marvy Uchida snowflake punches.  I pressed the snowflakes into the VersaMark pad and then into the gold embossing powder.  Heating them was a challenge because I couldn't hold on to them.  I finally discovered if I pressed a ballpoint pen in the center of them to hold them down I could heat them without them flying off the table.  A clear gem was added to the center of each to cover any mark the pen had made. 

THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY!   I will be adding an announcement about new JustRite items shortly so stop back again.

(NOTE:  Egyptian Gold embossing powder is my very favorite and I can order it for anyone who is interested.  I can also order the Marvy snowflake punches in various sizes.)

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Elegantly beautiful, Vicki!!

Ann Schach said...

Love the embossing, Vicki! Classy!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are beautiful. Had a chance today to check out your blog after a long while of stopping by & glad I did. Beautiful things you have created. Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving! Toota-loo, Karen

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...