Saturday, November 6, 2010

CHRISTMAS CARD - Ornament

I can't take credit entirely for the idea on this card.  My friend, Connie, called me today and asked about a pine branch punch which she thought was larger than this.  I bought the McGill Pine Branch which I used here several years ago and haven't used it as much as I should.  We talked about how more than one of these could be put together to form a branch. 

I had received the Quickutz ornament die a few days ago and was really wanting to do something with it.  I loved the shape of this one so the idea began to form.

The front of the card was embossed with a 5 x 7 Cuttlebug embossing folder - although my card is actually only 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches.  The ornament was cut out from red card stock using the Quickutz die, and I heat embossed a flourish from a set of Hero Arts clear stamps.  Next I added a little gold "top" to the ornament.  A red cord was tied through the top of the ornament.  

I then punched five of the pine branches from a light weight "Willow" card stock from Lasting Impressions and ran them through my Xyron.  Before attaching the middle pine piece, I wrapped the red cord around one of the little branches and then using double sided tape affixed the ornament to the card.

The Quickutz die and embossing powder can be purchased through Creating Everlasting Memories.
The McGill Pine Punch is something I can get for you if you would like to purchase one.

Thanks for stopping by!  (And Connie, thank you for giving me the inspiration for this card.)

5 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, Vicki, this is BEAUTIFUL!!! That ornament just pops off of the card. Love the idea of adding several of these punch outs together to make a larger brach....way cool!! Thanks for sharing this BEAUTY!! Have a blessed weekend! Hugs, Sabrina

Ann Schach said...

Wow! This is fabulous! One of your best! I absolutely love it!

Annie said...

This is such a pretty card Vicki, so many possibilities! I like the way you hung it on a branch! Where did you get the "top".....did you make it? Very nice!!

Sheri said...

what a pretty card. Very elegant

Lynette said...

Very pretty, Vicki - so clever!

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!