Tuesday, December 28, 2010

THE "REAL" SANTA

It has been way too long since I posted anything but don't have anything made that I can show at the moment.  Time since Thanksgiving has been a rat-race around here.  I noticed that my last post was December 11 and I'm disappointed I haven't been able to keep up with everything.

That last post was a Santa face on a card............well here's a picture of Santa showing up at our Christmas gathering this past Sunday.  He was absolutely PERFECT!  We have six grandchildren and have tried getting this done during 2008 and 2009.  The weather messed us up both of those times, but third time was a charm.  Two of the six grandchildren no longer "believe" but the other four do and we knew time was getting short for pulling this off for those who are still "believers".  :)

Since it was the day after Christmas, we fed him a few lines to say while he was with us.  He delivered every one of the ideas we had mentioned and did it without sounding scripted.  The kids were in awe!  Each of the kids even got presents that he had "forgotten" to leave on Christmas Eve.  This was truly a Christmas that we will never forget!  PRICELESS!!!!

Two of the children came home with us on Sunday evening and then two more arrived yesterday.  They will be here until Thursday afternoon.  We are having a great time with them but there is no card making happening here.  After the holiday things are put away and my craft table is cleared off, I promise to get back to posting some more cards. 

Hope your holidays were blessed with many happy memories!  Thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Thanks for sharing Santa with us Vicki!! He looks like the real deal!
Just wanted to wish you and your family all the best of good health and happiness in the new Year!

Joanne said...

What an AWESOME photo...and what a FUN day!!! I loved your Santa card, but this one takes the cake! LOL Thanks for sharing it!

Lynette said...

Oh how fun, Vicki - just awesome! I like your new picture, too!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh...this IS the real Santa! I'm sure your grandchildren really enjoyed his visit!

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!