Monday, August 25, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JASON


Our son-in-law, Jason, turns the big 4-0 today.  Our daughter was the hostess for a nice birthday party at a local restaurant/bar on Friday night.  Jason doesn't like cake, so for his card he just got the candles.
 
The candles are each 3/4" wide and 3" tall.  The flames were made using the wing of the Stampin' Up! bird punch.  The card base is Night of Navy card stock and the candles are from Night of Navy dp patterns.  The mat and flames are gold glitter "paper".....quotation marks because I'm not sure you'd call it "paper".  It is very stiff.
 
Although I made changes to my card, it was inspired by one I found on Pinterest. 

Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Vicki, what a great idea using the three pieces of DP from the same pack for going candles. Thanks!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...