Monday, August 4, 2014

TULIPS IN BLOOM


I ordered this Memory Box die last Spring, I believe, but had not used it yet.  I have several dies that I "had to have" but have not been out of their folders.  As you have probably read from previous posts, I do love to spend time getting ideas from Pinterest.  What a great site for those of us who are not always very creative on our own.   I saw a card similar to this but it was done in all white but with a dark green background where mine is yellow vellum.   The card I cased can be seen here: Silhouette Tulips by frenziedstamper Until I took the class in Des Moines back in June, I rarely made "window" cards but now I can't get enough of them.  You'll see another one later this week.
 
I wish I had the die that she had used for the frame, but I chose a Cuttlebug folder and embossed around the oval already in the tri-fold card.  The sentiment was stamped on a tag from Spellbinders and popped with foam squares.
 
Hope you had a wonderful weekend!  Thank you for taking time to stop by today!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Beautifully done, Vicki! I don't think I've used any of my window cards from Des Moines yet.

Sandy said...

Lovely card Vicki. It is such a great way to feature a die cut.

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...