Monday, December 15, 2014

EVERGREENS

 
Our Yahoo Group had an Artist's Choice Card Swap a few days ago.  This is the card I sent to my partner.  The design was made using a Penny Black stamp.  The stamp design includes the star so my first inking was just of the tree and stamped with Stampin' Up!  Wild Wasabi ink.  Then I inked up the tree a second time but stamped it off one time to the left and repeated that by adding the third image to the right of the main tree. 
 
I cleaned the stamp very well and made sure it was really dry before inking the star on the stamp with VersaMark and placing it to the upper left area of the card.  Then it was embossed with Egyptian Gold EP.  A small "Peace" was stamped with VersaMark and embossed with the gold EP.
 
The main layer was then matted on Wild Wasabi card stock and then onto the white card base.
 
Your comments are always welcome and appreciated!  Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

That is a really cool tree image Vicki - and I like how you stamped it several times!

Sheri said...

Vicki, this card is absolutely stunning. Love the stamp and the second and third generation stamping.

Sandy said...

I really like the sense of dimension that you've achieved with the tree stamped at the different values. Lovely card.

bonnie32002 said...

Love that tree! I can see lots of Christmas cards with this stamp.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...