Thursday, June 11, 2015

I'M BACK WITH SOMETHING NEW

Well, I'm finally back and hopefully operating smoothly again for awhile.  My own computer evidently was tired and died.  My "computer guy" has given me a "loaner" until the new Windows 10 comes out and he thinks it is running smoothly.  I am still getting used to this loaner as well as getting used to using Microsoft Office Excel and Microsoft Office Outlook which he wants me to start using instead of other programs............but slowly and surely I will become comfortable with the changes I hope.


This past Sunday I drove to Des Moines, Iowa and met up with six wonderful friends who meet annually there to share our toys and even learn some new techniques.  We were there until Tuesday afternoon.  Heirloom Designs in Valley Junction provide us with a great space to gather with our toys and play.  Of course, I know they also love all the money we spend there buying even more toys.

The card I am sharing here today is one I made to give to one of my friends for our monthly Artist's Choice card swap.  How fun to be able to give it to her in person.  The large die cut is one of the Spellbinders Card Creator dies.  I also took a strip of white card stock and punched a top and bottom border with a Martha Stewart punch.  The butterfly is from Jolee's Stickers.

It's good to be back and I hope I can keep things running now for awhile.  I hope I haven't lost any of you out there who have been following my blog.  Thank you for stopping by today!

3 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

Welcome back! How fun to be meeting up and taking a road trip all at once!

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back. Once you get on Windows 10 let me know how it works so I'll know if I want to be on it. lovely card I do love purple things

Lynette said...

And a wonderful time was had by all! :) Looking forward to next year already. Such a pretty card, too!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...