Thursday, June 2, 2016

CLEAN AND SIMPLE


I couldn't stand it any longer........I had to make something!!!

I chose the Stampin' Up! "Sheltering Tree" stamp set.  The background behind the butterfly is from that set.   The butterfly is one of the dies from the Spellbinders "Wonderful Wings".  

First I cut a piece of white card stock to 4" x 5 1/4" and stamped the background with SU Melon Mambo in.  The butterfly was cut with the same color of card stock.  My plan was to add the layer with foarm squares but before doing that I decided to edge the layer with the Melon Mambo Ink using the ink pad.  It really helped to set it off.

Below are picture of three beautiful mansions we saw in Charleston SC.  


McLeod Plantation

We were able to get into this first one which has not been open to the public for a very long time.  There were no furnishings inside but I have a feeling they will eventually find pieces to include.  A young lady there gave a wonderful talk giving the background of the time when the owners had slaves.  She also concluded her presentation by singing phrases from two of the songs which the slaves would sing while working.  It brought tears to my eyes.


Drayton Hall Plantation



Magnolia Plantation

We didn't tour the mansion, but the grounds were just beautiful!!!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Great CAS card, Vicki! I love the simplicity. What beautiful plantation homes, too.

Sandy said...

Vicki, what a great idea for a background image! Love this card. And for sure those planation homes are wonderful to see.

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...