Friday, February 17, 2017

ON YOUR SPECIAL DAY


One time my friend, Harriet, made a card using this die.  I thought it was such a fun design that I figured I had to have it too.  I do really like it but the die cuts out the entire design in one color.  For this one I cut the design with black card stock which was adhered to "Stick-It".  Then I die cut the various shapes of the die in the blue, yellow and red.  Because they are adjoining each other, it was a little difficult to paper piece the shapes.  Using a white gel pen I added the little white swirls on the balloons.


For this card, I decided to cut the entire design from white card stock and then colored the various portions of it with Copic markers. I think I will definitely pull this die out more often now and simply color the shapes instead of trying to paper piece them.  The sentiment used on both cards is from PapertreyInk.

We haven't had a really bad weather compared to some parts of the country, but today through the weekend we are going to be getting a real peek at Spring-like weather.  It is most welcome! 

Thank you for coming by today!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

I have that Whimsy die too and use it quite often. Fun die, right? Like your card!

Anonymous said...

Cute simple card. I like those best

Anonymous said...

Vicki, that is so darn cute. Love the colors. Kris

One of the cards made on  this  vi.deo used this stamp from the Flowing Flowers set.  This isn't a two-step design and I wasn't sure...