Monday, April 22, 2019

CASCADING CARD




I have to admit it took me several tries to get the base for this card made.  The first two tries were choosing the wrong papers and then the third time I messed up on cutting the slits to put it together.  It probably wasn't the best project to try when I have full blown allergies..........but i did finally get it.  The next time it should go much faster.  I'd love to be able to make a couple of graduation cards using this technique because we have two granddaughters graduating high school this spring.  If I manage to get something made up, I'll be sure to post it or them.

I plan to add a banner across the front wishing a friend of my mother a Happy 102nd birthday.

The best thing I can do is to refer you to YouTube.com for videos that give instructions for making one of these.  There are several and some use a little different measurements but basically the same idea.

Thanks for coming by today!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!

Barbara Anderson Capps

Anonymous said...

This card is beautiful. If you had trouble, can't believe I would even be able to do it - but I think I am going to give it a try soon.

Carol

Lynette said...

What a fabulous card, Vicki! Happy Birthday to your mom. 102 - Wow!!

Lynette said...

Oops - happy birthday to your mom's friend:)

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...