Thursday, July 11, 2019

TAYLORED EXPRESSIONS SIMPLE STRIPS


When I was checking out this die at Taylored Expressions shop in Ankeny, there was a sample card I saw that just used the strips instead of stamping before cutting.  I thought it was a great alternative use for the die and came up with this card.  I didn't have a picture of Taylor's card but had a vague recollection of what it looked like. 

To add the strips, I placed them all face down in the arrangement I wanted and then put a wide strip of tape across them to hold them in that position.  All I had to do was add dots of glue around, flip the piece over and add the entire group to the card base all at one time.  The left side of the card seemed to be too open, so I used a stamp to add the navy dots.  The strip with the sentiment was the final touch and was added with foam adhesive strips.

Thank you for coming by today!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

That's a great use of that die, Vicki. Wonderful card!

Cheryl W said...

That's a great idea for using different colors and sizes of fishtail banners. I may have to give this a try myself! I also like the dots on the left side. I think I even have a stamp like that from Stampin' Up.

Anonymous said...

Super great card especially for a man. I love C&S and quick cards

Pat

A few days ago I watched a video from  Karen Titus  using 1" squares.  I thought it would be fun to pull out some scraps from one of my...