Thursday, October 8, 2020

HALLOWEEN CARD - #4


My friend did all of the stamping on the 44 cards that we needed for the living center where my mother resides.  To begin, I took a piece of white card stock and punched a hold to use as a mask for the "moon".  The witch and sentiment were then added.  Since we wanted the "moon" to be in the right place each time, I came up with a method to do that....similar to doing it in a MISTI.


I pulled out a piece of the SU grid paper and placed the open card I had made on the grid.  I then placed the negative of the punched circle over the "moon" on the first card and taped it down on one side.  This allowed me to easily place each of the card bases under the opening to sponge the yellow in the same place each time.


This shows the mask taped down to the grid paper.


The first blank card under the mask and ready to sponge.


After all 44 cards were sponged, the witch and sentiment were placed on top of the original card and the card placed in the MISTI.  The witch and sentiment were then in the proper place to be able to mass produced the rest of the card fronts.  Inside the sentiment "Trick or Treat" was added using the MISTI before the cards were scored and folded.  I hope this series of pictures helps demonstrate what I tried to explain.  

Thank you for coming by today!  Hope you have a great weekend!



 

2 comments:

Lynette said...

What a fun card and so nice of you to make them all! Very clever, too!

Cheryl W said...

Your mini-tutorial was perfect. What a great way to do a bunch of cards quickly! How did we ever survive without stamping platforms? These are super cards and the residents will enjoy receiving them.

The dsp I used on this is from an "In Color" set of 6 x 6 set of papers.  I thought I had to have it but have not use it very much...