Wednesday, October 28, 2020

I'VE BEEN ABSENT - BUT I AM A SURVIVOR!

 On October 7th I was diagnosed with a positive Covid-19 result.  I was tested at the hospital ER. They thought I'd do fine at home so came home.  On the 12th I was back at the hospital to have my lungs checked for pneumonia but the results allowed me to come home again.  On the 15th, I was admitted to the hospital and was there for four nights over 5 days.  While there were blood draws every day and I felt like a pin cushion.  I had an IV and received Remdisivir all 5 days which took 2 1/2 hours each time (not sure it helped) and a steroid by pills.  Let me tell you, YOU DO NOT WANT THIS VIRUS!  I've been home now since the 19th but on oxygen and Prednisone. My lungs need to heal.  I'm weaning myself off oxygen during the day but they want me to use it constantly during the night which makes it more difficult to get a good night's sleep.  Although I'm no longer quarantined, I'm far from feeling normal and up to be out running around. Now you know that life threw me a real curve!!!!

ENOUGH of that! Before I got sick, I had cards scheduled for the entire month of October but had actually only added enough to my blog to show up through October 9th.  I'm still going to show them all to you in bunches.  These cards today are from Stampin' Up! Boho Medley.  They are beautiful papers which also included stamps, dies, flowers, ribbon and die cuts.  So here we go with the first group that were supposed to appear on my blog the week of October 12-16.................The first three pictures are of the same card - I just wanted to show that it is a "Buckle Card".









Thank you for coming back to see what I had been busy doing before I got sick.  I'm glad I had all of these made up because I've only made 2 cards since I got home on the 19th.

6 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I'm so sorry you somehow contracted COVID-19. I hope everyone else in your family or circle of friends is ok. It's such an awful virus; no one should have to suffer with it! I hope you will have a complete recovery with no lasting effects. Just take it easy and allow your body to heal. Your cards are beautiful. I had not heard of a buckle card before, so I learned something new. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lynette said...

Vicki - you are a fighter, for sure! So sorry you had to go through all of that. I'm glad you are on the mend, and I hope you have your energy (and oxygen) back soon. Your cards are all so beautiful!! What a great "buckle card." I hadn't seen one of those.

Jeanne H said...

So sorry you have had such a rough time. Am sure glad you are on the mend now. I love all the blue and white cards, one of my favorite combinations.

Anonymous said...

Please thank your daughters for keeping us advised as to your health. I am so very glad you are now home. From everything I have read – healing will take longer than you will want. But thanks to God Almighty you have hopefully have begun to recover. I will continue to pray for your continued healing and calm for your family and you. “Yeah tho I walk through to valley of death”……..i am so thankful you are a faithful follower and that He indeed is walking with you through this awful time. With love and prayers…pat

Anonymous said...


Love these cards and I am so glad you are feeling well enough to blog.

Carol

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you’re back on line again. You’ve had quite a time battling this “darn stuff”. I’ve seen a couple of posts by Jamie about your progress. As you said you are a survivor. Take care.

Connie

The dsp I used on this is from an "In Color" set of 6 x 6 set of papers.  I thought I had to have it but have not use it very much...