Sunday, October 1, 2023

STICKER CHRISTMAS CARD


It seems that even though it isn't even Halloween yet, Christmas is appearing all over the place and now they are pushing Christmas sales and bargains! Each year media and retailers manage to ruin the spirit of what Christmas is really about.  My way of dealing with it now is to concentrate on the giving of my time instead of "things".  One of those ways is to make cards and donate them to veterans who have served our country and several care centers.  It make my heart happier than going out and shopping for those "things". 

I still have several sheets of Penny Black stickers that I purchased when I had a wholesale account with the company.  I decided to make up some cards using them for the variety I am giving to the Veterans Home in Iowa.  Trying to add a sticker right to a card can be tricky getting it straight so I add each sticker to a piece of white card stock first and then trim it down.  Then I mat it and add it to a white car base.  I'll be showing several more in a few days.

Thank you for coming by today!   

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

That sticker makes a very nice CAS card. So kind of you to donate so many cards. You've made such a big commitment, and I'm amazed at your generosity.

Lynette said...

what a pretty sticker, and it makes a wonderfully simple card! I remember helping you mat some stickers to use while we were in Des Moines one year. :-)

Wanda said...

I LOVE the sticker card. It's beautiful. I don't let the early Christmas merchandise in the stores ruin Chritmas. I shop for what I need or want (mostly need) and get that out of the way and with all of that behind me I can concentrate on what is ahead and enjoy the season in all of it's glory and splendor.

  While I had the Hydrangea Hill dsp on my table from yesterday's card, I went ahead and made this one using some of the pieces that wer...