Monday, November 10, 2025


This card really is made out of leftover pieces!  I had a lot of strips with the trees and wanted to see what I could make with them.  

I started by cutting 4" x 5 1/4" piece of white to use as a base.  The green "speckled" dsp is all one piece so I added it to the middle of the white card stock.  Then I added the tree strips to the top and bottom.  Next came the trees in the middle.  I wasn't satisfied with the look and I had narrow strips of Real Red card stock and decided to use them.

The card base was already on my table and I had cut off a portion of the right side.  After measuring, I cut the dsp piece down to 3 1/4" x 5 1/4" and added it to the front flap.

The white card stock for inside was going to show when the card is closed, so I embossed a narrow design onto the right side.

Not too bad for being made with a bunch of leftover pieces.  


A picture of what is still left but I am tossing them.

Thank you for coming by today.


 

1 comment:

Lynette said...

What a fabulous use for those pieces, Vicki - I really like this card!! So festive and pretty.

MAY WE NEVER FORGET!

No doubt everyone remembers where they were when the news broke of this tragedy.  We have been to Shanksville 3 times and were grateful that...