Friday, January 17, 2020

ONE SHEET WONDER (13 and 14)



Card #13


Card #14

I had a request to post a picture of all of these cards together so after I scheduled this post, I took a picture of 13.  I've already used one but it pretty much the same layout as the first one in the second row.  It was a "Thank You" card that I sent along with a customer's order.



And now you have been able to see all 14 cards made from one sheet of 12 x 12 designer paper.  The only wasted piece measured 1/4" x 1 1/4".  

In total I have done nearly 40 cards using this method.  Another one was supposed to be this same set of cuts but I messed up and only got 13 cards.  I have trimmed some of them a bit differently and will be posting them a little later.  The third sheet I cut using a different layout for some different looks and will be showing some of them as well a little later.

I hope you will think about giving this a try.  It really feels good to use up some of those beautiful designer papers.


5 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Wow! Just Wow! You did a great job creating all these beautiful cards. And they're so perfectly made. I am really impressed!!!

Unknown said...

What size of card base would I need?

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

The pieces are cut from a 12" x 12" piece of designer paper. I used all of them on a standard A2 card base......either 11" x 4 1/4" OR 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".

SharonL said...

Is this chart for the matting or the inset piece? Is there a chart for both?

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Sharon, this chart is for the dsp measurements. I added the mats by just adding about 1/4" to each measurement of the dsp. The angled pieces had to be added to a piece of the mat and then just trimmed.

And here are the final four cards you get from  this  video by Karen Titus.    I may try to do this with some papers from some other collect...