Monday, October 13, 2008

Two Tulips

A friend (Kris) made a card recently using a two-step flower and shades of blue. I loved it and with her permission I am posting my "case" of her card. The flower on both cards were very simple. I stamped the flower with SU Bashful Blue -- stamping the first image off on a scrap piece first and then onto the cardstock. Second step was with the same ink and stamping it right on top of the lighter color. I added pearl accents and mounted the image on Lasting Impressions paper. A ribbon trim finished off the first card. The second image was mounted a layer after I had torn the edges of the blue paper - then on two complimentary papers - the plain blue having been embossed with a CB folder. (L I Papers and Pearls may be ordered by contacting me.)

Materials --
Stamps: SU Terrific Tulips
Papers: L I Powdered Sugar, Boardwalk Blue, Scraps of scrapbooking paper
Inks: SU Blissful Blue and SU Mellow Moss

Accessories: Hero Arts Medium Accent Pearls, ribbon, CB Swiss Dot folder

4 comments:

camping anyone said...

cute cards!!! It is nice to see what you look like. I enjoy doing buisness with you and am happy to see you have a blog. It is always fun to see how creative other people are. Any news on the new LI stencils? Let me know.
Thanks Joey Ball
grandtargheechic

Harriet Skelly said...

Vicki, these cards are beautiful.

Jeanette - said...

Vicki -
These cards are beautiful as are the ones in your other posts. I'm so glad you started a blog. It definitely is a motivation for getting some stamping done :) Great job!

Lynette said...

These cards are both very beautiful, Vicki! I love the "softness" of them.

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...