Monday, October 27, 2008

Two Friendship Cards

I've had my computer back since last Friday -- our friend is so generous to give immediate attention to problems when I ask for his help. However since that time I came down with my annual Fall virus which is upper respiratory and sinus. I just haven't been up to making daily blog entries.

Today I had a break through and made five cards. Sure felt good! This first card is actually a remake of a card that I messed up on a few months ago by stamping the sentiment crooked inside the card. I cut the front off, cut it down slightly in size and mounted it on a matching cardstock. I also added a butterfly that was made with a Spellbinders die. "Friendship" is just a portion of a vertical stamp from Paper Inspirations. (If interested, I can get the VersaFine ink, P I Stamp and Spellbinders die.)
Materials used --
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black and SU Markers for coloring the flower
Paper: Stampin Up
Stamp: Not sure but think it is Stampendous for the flower and Paper Inspirations for the "Friendship"

This second item is a card which I cased from one I saw on SCS and just loved the layout. It took three tries to get it the way I wanted. The first one I had way too many butterflies, the second one I tried using two SU colors of blue and they didn't go together as well as I thought they would. But the third try was satisfactory. I've had this SU Spring Garden stamp set for months and had never used it. I used a sentiment of my choice and added glitter to the butterflies to give a little dimension to the front.

Materials used -- all SU papers and inks. (I don't sell Stampin' Up but I know who does!)

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Very pretty, Vicki! I love them both!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...