Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Blue Jay


Time sure does fly........a week has gone by and I hadn't gotten another card posted. I hope to improve and be able to post more often but hope you will continue checking back often -- to this page and the links to my Heartwarmer store links on the right.

A few days ago after I made the card with the Cardinal on it, I took another look at that stamp and decided it could sure be a Blue Jay as well.

I don't think this card needs a lot of explanation. I used Powdered Sugar cardstock from Lasting Impressions. The blue is from Stampin Up. Stamped image is from Inkadinkado. I used SU markers to color the image and Nestabilities (which I sell) for the two layers. The embossed designs on the card base are from Cuttlebug folders. After embossing the scalloped edge, I cut around the design.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

This card is so pretty, Vicki! I like the way you cut the image with the scallops and mount it on a plain oval. I never thing to do that! Love the border, too.

Nettie said...

Very delicate looking Vicki. Love it done in blue.

Nettie

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...