Tuesday, August 11, 2009

BUTTERFLY PROJECT



Once again it has been too long since I posted something. Last Wednesday we had four grandchildren here. The next day two went to the other Grandmother's home and then two days later we switched. Sunday we took all of them home for the little one's 2nd Birthday party. What fun it was to be able to be the first one to wish her a "Happy Birthday" and give her that first "Birthday kiss". She's a real hoot to have for a few days......what a personality!

Anyway the picture I am showing today is of two butterflies that the two oldest granddaughters made while they were here. The girls are 11 and 8 years old. I told them about a "Butterfly Project" that is wanting 1,500,000 hand made butterflies for a Holocaust Museum in Houston, TX. When I explained the project to them they both wanted to take part in it.

The butterflies are made with Ranger's Gloss Paper. I let the girls use my Ranger Alcohol Inks to color the paper and then they cut out the butterflies with the Spellbinders Butterly dies using my Cuttlebug. They both enjoy doing crafts while they are here so I thought it was really special that they wanted to take part in the project.

Working with Ranger Alcohol Inks can be a lot of fun. Let me know if you would like to order. Thanks for looking. School will be starting soon and the "Grandma Day Care" should be coming to an end. I hope to be posting photos on a more regular basis again.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Their butterflies are beautiful, Vicki! How fun they like to craft with you - so very special!

A great way to use up sheets of your designer series papers is to do One Sheet Wonder patterns.  This one was a little different because you...