Thursday, August 27, 2009

HEAT EMBOSSED BUTTERFLIES

Today was spent making extremely simple cards that I really don't feel worth of sharing. :) I made this card at one time using stamps that I purchased in Branson MO. They have a wonderful stamp store there - Unique Impressions - which I understand is now in a different location. I plan to visit them in October.

The butterflies were stamped along the right side of the front of the card and heat embossed with Egyptian Gold embossing powder. After I had embossed them, I cut away that edge of the cardstock and placed a lavender piece of cardstock along the right side of the inside edge.

So far this was an expensive card because I don't believe I have used them again.........too many toys..........so I need to use them again and again. I believe these stamps came from a Canadian Stamp Company called The Stamp Barn.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Beautiful, Vicki! I'm sure you WILL use it again and again, now that you've dug it out. I didn't know you were going back to Branson - have fun!

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...