Wednesday, August 26, 2009

TWO FUN CARDS



OK, these are two cards that I made some time ago but since I'm still working on baseball cards and beginning to make duplicates I thought I'd pull something out of my files for you. Back before there were Spellbinders dies, I purchased a lot of Marvy Uchida Clever Lever Punches and three Spirelli punches and these shapes were made with those. The same affect could be achieved by using some of the Spellbinder dies as well. I used some very fine gold thread to make the designs. The outcome depends on how many spaces you skip with the winding.
The top card shows a circle in the middle. On some cards a metal embellishment of some type can be placed there for an added focal point. I also like the "teardrop" area being left open. The card I saw done in this way had a small gold cross in the middle which made a wonderful religious card.

2 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

These are really cool cards Vicki!

Lynette said...

Beautiful cards, Vicki - love the Spirelli!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...