Friday, July 23, 2010

BASIC GREY "Origins"

While I still had some of the Basic Grey "Origins" paper out from yesterday's card, I decided to use the same ones again. I changed the layout and used a stamped design as the focus. The stamp is from an Inkadinkado set. My friend, Lynette, was able to purchase 3 different packages of five sets each for only $15.00 at Cosco a year or two ago so I had her get me all three packages. What a bargain........15 sheets of stamps for only $45.00! What I like is that some of the designs are smaller versions of designs in other packages.

After stamping the design and cutting the image so it was slightly small than a scrap of the "Origins" flowered background, I realized there was a little too much margin around the image. I decided that adding some scored lines as a border around it would help fill that in. I'm sorry not all the scoring shows in the picture because there are vertical score lines as well.

The black gems were the final touch which I can get for you through Hero Arts.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Vicki this is gorgeous - I love that Origins paper!

Sheri said...

Oh gosh Vicki, that is really so very pretty. Love the paper you used and the scoring is just what it needed

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...