Monday, July 19, 2010

THANKS FOR THE IDEA, LYNETTE!

A few days ago one of the gals on our Yahoo Group (Lynette) made a card like the one above. I had the same Hero Arts stamp so I copied it as close as I could.

But in all fairness I thought I should do something different with it so I made a vertical card.
Both cards were made using the same materials. Card base is made from PTI Kraft card stock. The images wer stamped on the Kraft CS with SU Craft White Ink, sprinkled with White EP and heat embossed. Then I took SU markers and colored in the design. (I believe Lynette sponged the color onto the flowers but I wasn't having much luck getting quite enough color.) The bottom layer of CS is SU Perfect Plum. On the second card I scored two lines above and below the sentiment but I'm afraid they don't show up very well........the Kraft CS is very firm and I had a hard time getting the lines with the Scor-Pal AND the MS Scoring Board.
Thanks, Lynette, for the idea. I just loved what you did and had to make these for myself. :) And thank you everyone for stopping by!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Cool, Vicki! Yep, they look like my card:) I'm honored by the case.

Annie said...

Very nicely done!!

Harriet Skelly said...

They are both beautiful Vicki!

Sheri said...

You did a great job Vicki. Looks just like Lynette's which I also loved. Wonder if I have a stamp that would work....

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!