Friday, March 6, 2015

CASING A FRIEND

 
My friend, Lynette, recently made some cards using border embossing folders.  I had the same folders so I decided to kind of run with her ideas.  The birds on a wire folder was actually twisted a little so I had to tape it shut in order to not get a double "wire".  (I did call the company and they are replacing it.)  The sentiment on this one is from Hero Arts.  The mat for the embossed folder and the ink used are both Ballet Blue.

 
 
Before I embossed this piece I rubbed the one side of the folder with SU Chocolate Chip ink.  I also inked the edge of the piece with the ink pad.  The sentiment is from a Spellbinders die. 

These folders had been in my supplies for a long time so I ws glad to finally use them.  Thanks for coming by!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Good job of using your supplies! I'm working on mine, too:) Your cards are very pretty - thanks for the "credit."

Bonnie32002 said...

Lynette is an inspiration to lots of stampers. I love your take on the cards and how nice that the company will replace a defective folder!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! Both of these cards are clean and simple perfection!!!

Anonymous said...

beautifully simple cards suitable for any occasion

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...