Monday, March 7, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sister


This is a very simple card.  I usually make something a little more involved for my sister but I had this new die and wanted to use it.  The "Petal Ribbon" die is from Memory Box.  I cut with white card stock and then used a Copic marker to color the flowers.  "Happy Birthday" was also cut with white card stock and then colored.......it is from "Whimsy Stamps".

Since I didn't get this scheduled earlier, in the meantime I happened to talk to my sister on the phone this morning and wished her a Happy Birthday.  She asked if she was supposed to re-use the card because I had forgotten to sign it.  I laughed and told her to feel free to do that.  I was in such a hurry to get it in the mail (from Iowa to Florida) that I forgot to sign it.  

Thanks for coming by!

3 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

Happy Birthday to your sis!
I have people who scold me for writing in the card! The specifically request (I mean insist) that I put a post-it note inside and write on that so they can re-use the card. Sheesh!

Anonymous said...

great card. Love to the colors you used. Very simple but very effective

Lynette said...

Another great die, Vicki! Love the coloring. Too funny about forgetting to sign it.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...