Friday, March 25, 2016

TARYN'S EASTER CARD

Our youngest granddaughter LOVES to make cards and has such a good time with all of my supplies.  She uses the Cuttlebug like a pro and even taught her older sister how to use it when she was her on a previous visit.

I had just recieved the Lawn Fawn Chirpy Chirp Chirp stamps and hadn't even had a chance to use them yet so I told her she was very privileged.  (There are coordinating dies for the stamps but were out of stock at the time.)  Taryn chose her papers and deisgned the card herself.......she definitely has her own ideas!  The sun is from a second Lawn Fawn set that I had just received and the grass is from the discarded portion of a Martha Stewart grass punch.  I think she did a really great job organizing her card.


Regular markers can leave streaks when coloring so I let her use a Yellow Copic marker to color the chicks.  She used Stampin' Up! makers for the other coloring for the images on the front of the card and then I cut them out for her.  (I'll be glad when I can get the dies to match.


Of course she wants to decorate the inside of the card too so she used a Stampin' Up! "Everybunny" stamp set for those images.  And since she decided she really liked the Copic markers she asked if she could use them to color these images.  She is definitely a fan of them and did a nice job coloring with them.

I had to laugh when at one point she asked what was going to happen with all of my things when I didn't want them anymore.  She wants them.  I told her that if she was still interested in them, she could definitely have them.  I really do hope that at least a couple of the grandchidlren decide that card making is something they can do all of their lives.

Her brother, Tucker, was here as well and had hoped to make a card but we ran out of time.  We had a great time making cut-out Easter cookies, chocolate chip cookies and playing Boggle.  Of course kids being kids they also played a lot of computer games on the computers and tablets.  

Thank you for coming by today!!!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

What an awesome card - she did a great job! How fun!! That is cool that she is so interested in card-making.

Anonymous said...

Your grand daughter's card is very well done. Please tell her for me that I think it is just wonderful.

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...