Friday, June 15, 2018

IMPRESSION OBSESSION DIE - Bird on a Branch


This card is going to be used for a swap with the ladies I am meeting on Sunday, so I have instructed them NOT to look at my blog today. 

I saw a card on Pinterest that used two die cuts similar to the two white ones I have used here as the backdrop for the bird.

The Bird on a Branch design was cut two times.  I used the entire thing  first and colored the branch and leaves with Copic markers.  I tried using chalk to the color the bird but wasn't happy with it at all.  When I cut the second piece, I trimmed it down using just part of the branch and using the second bird to glue over the first one.  The second branch was colored with Copics as well but using slightly lighter brown and green colors.

Overall I like the card but wish I could have done better with the bird......it's not quite a Robin.

I'll be away Sunday through Thursday but I have posts scheduled for all of next week so I hope you'll be back.  Thanks for coming by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this. Have fun with the ladies. What a fun hobby you have! Think I'm gonna have to give it a whirl one of these days!

Holly

A great way to use up sheets of your designer series papers is to do One Sheet Wonder patterns.  This one was a little different because you...