Saturday, April 16, 2022

EASTER TREAT BOXES


Last Sunday I decided to take a break from cards.  Tomorrow one of our daughters and her two daughters are going to spend Easter Sunday with us.  Our other daughter's family will be with her in-laws.  I thought it would be fun to make some treat boxes since it was just going to be the five of us.  I watched a video from Stamping With Amore and decided it looked really easy.  In fact, it should have been but these are my 4th, 5th and 6th tries.  lol  

The first time I messed up on the punched window, the second try I messed up on gluing and couldn't fix the mess and the third try, I discovered there was a cut in the fold of the paper (probably scored to hard and it cut through).

The middle yellow one in the picture has the window a little off center but I was running out of the paper so had to make it work.  The other two turned out just fine.  Instead of any glue, I used Scor-Tape on all three of these.

In the video she left the window open because she was adding some little foil wrapped eggs.  The only thing I had here that would work was M&M's so I added a piece of acetate behind the window using score tape.

Happy Easter to all who celebrate the special holiday.  Thank you for coming by today!

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

These turned out so cute, even after all your troubles putting them together. Happy Easter to you and your family, too.

The dsp I used on this is from an "In Color" set of 6 x 6 set of papers.  I thought I had to have it but have not use it very much...