Wednesday, February 21, 2024

STAMPIN' UP! LAYERING DIORAMA DIE


I embossed a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of white card stock with a brick folder and then added one of the Meandering Meadow pieces behind it.  I'm not sure if I like that folder with that scene, but it is what it is.    The surprise is when you open the card. (See below)


Susan Campfield had a video showing a card similar to this using a larger piece of dsp.  She also mentioned that she had a .pdf for making the card this way.  The .pdf wasn't free and it didn't look too complicated so I decided to give it a try on my own.  It really wasn't all that difficult to figure out.

I was so excited that I had been able to figure it out that I did make a minor mistake.  The white panel on the right hand side should not have been embossed.  I may have to just add another light weight white panel so I can stamp a sentiment or write a note and sign our names.  

The fence is from the New Horizon collection. 


Susan's video for using the larger piece of dsp with more folds can be found HERE.

 

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Absolutely beautiful. The front is like looking through a hole in the brick wall at the beauty on the other side.

Cheryl W said...

That's an interesting fold, and I could see it being used with other papers, too. I'll have to give that one a try. So many techniques, so little time!!! lol

The sentiment inside of this card is wishing friends a Happy Anniversary. Thank you for coming by today!