I'M SELLING ON EBAY

I am selling some of my items on eBay and if you are interested in checking out my listings click here: My eBay List Be sure to check back from time to time.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

SALTED BACKGROUND


Our Yahoo group has monthly technique "challenges" and we sign up for swaps. Signing up for these is naturally voluntary.  It had been a while since I had done any of them.  In December we were to make a card using the "Salted Background" technique and I decided to give it a try.  Don't be like me......give something new a try more often.  :)

The result is much prettier if you have several coordinating dye reinker colors to use on the background but I only had Distress Ink "Old Paper".  The directions can be found on Split Coast Stampers or by going to YouTube and doing a search for Salted Background.

I had to go with all white otherwise because in all of my papers, I didn't have any that went with that ink color.  The card base is PapertreyInk cardstock.  The embossed background is using the Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirl folder and then trimmed down by about 1/4" on each side.  Because I was adding brads to the corners, I used this layer so the brads would not poke through to the inside of the card. 

I cut the image when it was all done using a Spellbinders Classic Oval and then mounted it onto the coordinating Classic Scalloped Oval.

The brads are from Lasting Impressions.  I have a lot of Lasting Impressions buttons and brads in my inventory for re-sale so if you are interested, let me know.  I can also get Spellbinders items for you if you are interested.........and of course at a discount.

Thank you for stopping by!  Your comments are always welcome...........I love hearing from you!

3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Wow! This is a gorgeous card, Vicki! I LOVE this image. Your image mat is a perfect contrast to the embossing!

Anonymous said...

this is so pretty. i've got to go look up how to do a salted background. thanks for pointing me in a new direction

~Pat

Linda Fisher said...

OMGosh, beautiful. I am not familiar with this technique, but I'm off to splitcoast to find out more!