Tuesday, January 24, 2012

IT'S SNOWING.......

Today's card used two Spellbinders die sets and glitter that I had never used.  I rarely make square cards but decided that the Fleur de Lis die would look great on a square card.  I cut a 4 1/4 inch square from some paper in a Little Yellow Bicycle paper pad and adhered it to the front of the 4 1/4 inch card front.  The paper pad has a great selection of papers in it.

The Fleur de Lis was cut using PapertreyInk white card stock. I had cut several different snowflakes from various dies but settled on these two from Spellbinders Create A Flake One die set.  The bottom one was from white card stock.  I ran it through my Xyron and wanted the right side of it to be sticky.  Then I sprinkled it with turquoise glitter.  It didn't cover quite well enough so I pressed the flake into the glitter with my finger and was able to get a little more color.  I think the color turned out very well and matches the lighter color in the dp.  The smaller flake was cut using another piece of card stock from the paper pad.

The paper pad is 11 3/4 inches x 5 3/4 inches and is actually made to work with the chipboard albums. I don't do albums but love this paper.  I am able to purchase Spellbinders dies, the Little Yellow Bicycle paper pad and glitter in case you are interested.  Neither of these die sets is available through my distributor but I can get most of the current sets.  And remember you always get a discount of at least 20% off retail prices.

Thank you for stopping by!  Your comments are always welcome..........I love hearing from you!

1 comment:

Harriet Skelly said...

What beautiful and sparkly snowflakes!

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...