Monday, January 16, 2012

USING UP SUPPLIES

I know I'm not the only one who does this, but I have this "tendency" to see something and think I just have to have it but then I get it home and it stays in my supplies without being touched.   Well, today's card and over the next couple of days, I will be posting cards that I am making with supplies that have been laying on my craft table for too long!  This one is nothing special but since winter weather finally hit here a few days ago, I thought I would post this card with the vellum snowflakes first.  

Cardstock is Baja Breeze from Stampin' Up and the embossing on the bottom of the card was done with a folder from Stampin' Up!  There is a little blue on a couple of the snowflakes which matched nicely with the paper.  The package of snowflakes was one I got probably two years ago and was unopened.  I made more than one card with the supplies and now that package is empty.  One project down.......many more to go. 

I think I will take some of these cards to the extended living facility where my mother is so that the residents can use the cards as they choose.  They seemed to enjoy the Christmas cards I left there.

Thank you for stopping by!  Your comments are always welcome.................I love hearing from you!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Very pretty card, Vicki. Golly I don't have any supplies that I don't use. Cough cough - why do we do that? I have enough stuff to stock a store!

Lynette said...

Very pretty! I'm glad you're getting a chance to spend some time at your stamping table and using up some of your supplies. very fun!

Ann Schach said...

Pretty card, Vicki! I love the embossing. Doesn't it feel great to use up items from your stockpile!!!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...